- Joe Sestak Kicks Off Rematch With Pat Toomey
- Democrats Have Early Favorite House Pickup Opportunity
- Top Democratic Campaign Staffers Chart 2016 Paths
- Ex-Rep. Brad Schneider Inches Closer to Rematch in Illinois
- Democrat Back for Rematch With Freshman Republican
5 Captions on Egypt | Capitol Quip
Posted at 5:46 p.m. on Aug. 14, 2013
McCain and Graham encouraged the leaders of Egypt’s interim government to release political prisoners associated with ousted President Mohamed Morsi’s Muslim Brotherhood and to broaden political talks as they look to bridge the gap between the interim government and Morsi’s supporters. That obviously hasn’t happened.
So here are five captions to characterize the political situation in Egypt and U.S. efforts to calm it down:
- You can lead a camel to water, but you can’t make him vote.
- Geez, even Morsi got a better ride out of town than this!
- I see the camel’s nose, but where is the tent?
- Talk about déjà vu.
- He wants to stay with his mummy.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. EDT Thursday.
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog Aug. 18. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here