- Forecast Shows Democrats Outperforming Expectations
- Does Obama Have a Foreign Policy?
- Even Brownback's Poll Shows a Toss Up
- McConnell Pledges No Government Shutdown
- Schauer Pulls Ahead in Michigan
5 Captions for Your Next Town Hall | Capitol Quip
Posted at 4 p.m. on Aug. 21, 2013
The five finalists for this week’s caption contest are ready for your votes.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. EDT Thursday.
Here are this week’s finalists:
- It’s great to finally meet the person who approves of my work in Congress. Glad you could make it, Mom.
- For my next answer, I will need you to raise your other hand to ensure no recording devices are present.
- Yes, do you have an approved question I can answer with one of my canned responses?
- I only have time for one more question …
- What would you like to talk about — motherhood or apple pie?
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog Aug. 25. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here