- Poll Shows Nunn Leading in Georgia
- Perry Puts Mugshot on Campaign Schwag
- Politicians Aren't More Corrupt Than Usual
- Axelrod Says Democrats Were Wrong About Bush Vacations
- Bonus Quote of the Day
7 Must-Follow Lawmakers on Twitter
Posted at 3:02 p.m. on Aug. 16, 2013
The most interesting politicians on Twitter are the ones who show the most personality, which certainly creates heartburn for their press staffers but sometimes delivers amusing glimpses into their lives.
This is especially important during recess when lawmakers are home in their natural habitats, while the denizens of D.C. have little to do.
So without further ado, a few folks you should follow on the Twitter machines — because why not inflate the egos of senators and congressmen on a recess Friday?
1. @ChuckGrassley: The original best Senate tweeter. “Assume deer dead” is part of the D.C. dork lexicon, which is a testament to the strength of personal candor and our own nerdiness. But really, how else would we be able to see the biggest pig at the Iowa State Fair? No way else.
Biggest pig Iowa StFair pic.twitter.com/4p5EBcsHFj
Chris Murphy @ChrisMurphyCT
Let thou who hast never sent out a pocket vine AND pocket tweet within two weeks cast the first stone.
4. @clairecmc: Come for the 140-character opinions, stay for the baby pictures.
5. @farenthold: No filter, no problems. I mean just look at this royal baby joke. Don’t you hear the “ba dum ch” in your head? You do.
Blake Farenthold @farenthold
Congrats to Prince William & Kate on the birth of the #RoyalBaby. The baby weighed a little over 8 pounds. Or about $12.29 in US dollars.
However, we would be remiss if we didn’t note that Stockman’s communications director, Donny Ferguson (@DonnyFerguson) ghost-writes most of Stockman’s tweets. So follow him, too.
7. @mocowan: No longer in Congress but still the best. Everybody likes Mo Cowan in real life. Everybody should like him on Twitter. #bowties
Mrs @mocowan (born in Brooklyn) just kicked it up a notch when Jay Z ripped into “Empire State of Mind”. #iaintmadather
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here