- Forecast Shows Democrats Outperforming Expectations
- Does Obama Have a Foreign Policy?
- Even Brownback's Poll Shows a Toss Up
- McConnell Pledges No Government Shutdown
- Schauer Pulls Ahead in Michigan
Good Day for Vegetables, Fruits on Capitol Hill
Posted at 4:28 p.m. on Aug. 1, 2013
Lettuce, cantaloupes — it was a good day to be a vegetarian on Capitol Hill.
First came the news of immigration activists delivering cantaloupes to the office of Rep. Steve King. The Iowa Republican recently bemoaned the number of undocumented immigrants he said are dope-smugglers with calves the size of cantaloupes as the result of ferrying mounds of marijuana across the desert. That took care of the fruit course.
Then came the vegetable course, with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals hosting its annual veggie-dog lunch today, complete with the always popular “Lettuce Ladies.”
Who needs Meatless Mondays?
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here