- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
A Stubborn Political Problem | Capitol Quip
Posted at 7 p.m. on Aug. 11, 2013
Sens. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., recently visited Egypt to survey the political situation there after a military-backed takeover of the government displaced President Mohamed Morsi.
McCain and Graham encouraged the leaders of Egypt’s interim government to release political prisoners associated with Morsi’s Muslim Brotherhood and to broaden political talks as they look to bridge the gap between the interim government and Morsi’s supporters, who aren’t too happy he was toppled.
So how do you think their dynamic duo congressional delegation went? Let us know what you think by sending us a caption for this week’s Capitol Quip! Leave it in the comments section below. Editors will pick five finalists Wednesday, and everyone can vote for the winner until Thursday afternoon.
To check out past winners, visit Pinterest.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here