- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Al Franken Works the Middle-School Crowd
Posted at 5:18 p.m. on April 19, 2013
Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., who made his bones as head writer for “Saturday Night Live” and worked his way to federal office, knows how to work a crowd.
But it seems like the students from Mahtomedi Middle School of Mahtomedi, Minn., proved to be a very tough one, judging from how few appear to be giving him their rapt attention on Thursday in the atrium of the Hart Senate Office Building.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here