- Exclusive: NRCC Chairman Predicts Wave Election for Republicans
- 6 Reasons Senate Republicans Should Be Optimistic — and Concerned About Election Day
- Senator Gets Outside Help for Final Days of Hawaii Primary (Video)
- Republicans Unite in Tossup New York House Race
- Tea Party Circles the Wagons Around Justin Amash
Alan Simpson Gets His Gangnam Style On
Posted at 12:45 p.m. on Dec. 5, 2012
Ex-Sen. Alan K. Simpson, R-Wyo., is preoccupied with doing things correctly.
“The lasso, again,” Simpson says, arms cocked upward. In the YouTube video of the day, one-half of America’s debt-reduction duo is walking through the steps of the “dance craze of the moment.” His partner, obviously, is a man dressed as a giant can.
In a rather genius ad campaign called “The Can Kicks Back,” Simpson challenges young people to stop using the Internet to Instagram breakfast or tweet their FML, first-world problems and begin using social media to take a “three-week-challenge” to combat the debt.
As far as we can tell, the three-week-challenge is annoying three people a week to sign up on The Can Kicks Back website. But it’s all worth it to watch Simpson “ride the horse” the way “the cowboys ride, the cowboys ride, the cowboys ride.”
Who knows what Simpson’s debt-fighter partner, Erskine Bowles, will do for a follow-up.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here