- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
And … They’re Off! | Capitol Quip
Posted at 7 p.m. on Aug. 4, 2013
Congress has left for its August recess — ahem, district work period — leaving critics to claim that the legislative branch is taking time off when the country can least afford it. Most members, though, will spend a great deal of the next five weeks in town halls and fundraisers, perhaps punishment enough.
Regardless of where you fall on this divide, send us a caption for this week’s Capitol Quip! Leave it in the comments section below. Editors will pick five finalists on Wednesday, and everyone can vote for the winner until Thursday afternoon.
To check out past winners, visit Pinterest.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here