- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
Appropriations Chairman Piles On to Moran’s ‘Underpaid’ Remarks (Video)
Posted at 4:18 p.m. on April 11
Turns out not even the chairman of the House Appropriations Committee can avoid weighing in on whether members are “underpaid.”
At an appropriations markup Wednesday, Rep. Harold Rogers, R-Ky., laid into Rep. James P. Moran, D-Va., after Moran’s amendment to raise each member’s pay by $2,800 was rejected by voice vote.
“I might with tongue and cheek say that this issue got a raise out of Mr. Moran,” the Kentucky Republican said.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here