- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
- Is Rick Perry Really Ready for 2016?
- Cruz Builds Out Team for 2016
Appropriations Chairman Piles On to Moran’s ‘Underpaid’ Remarks (Video)
Posted at 4:18 p.m. on April 11
Turns out not even the chairman of the House Appropriations Committee can avoid weighing in on whether members are “underpaid.”
At an appropriations markup Wednesday, Rep. Harold Rogers, R-Ky., laid into Rep. James P. Moran, D-Va., after Moran’s amendment to raise each member’s pay by $2,800 was rejected by voice vote.
“I might with tongue and cheek say that this issue got a raise out of Mr. Moran,” the Kentucky Republican said.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here