Here are five finalists for this week’s caption contest. Now it’s your turn to vote.
Using the comments section, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. Thursday.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you submit anonymously — and you win! — we may have trouble getting you your signed print from cartoonist R.J. Matson. So before cloaking yourself, think about how we can contact you to get you your prize. If you’re super shy, you can send us an anonymous email that only we will see at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for playing!
Here are this week’s finalists:
• “If you’re waiting for the Senate to act on this, Buster, it may be awhile.”
• “Figured it out — those howls are from the postal workers’ union members — not wolves.”
• “No, Rover, I don’t know how we chase the email man.”
• “Look on the bright side. They’ll be moving slower on Mondays.”
• “Yeah, we COULD send ‘em a letter, but I vote we just run over to the Capitol and start biting!”
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog on Feb. 25 and in that day’s print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of their Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.