- McDonnell Apologizes for Taking Gifts and Money
- Rubio Hints at Government Shutdown Over Immigration
- Close Three-Way Senate Race in Kansas
- Police Union Won't Back Democratic Convention in Brooklyn
- Is Obamacare Helping Some GOP Governors?
Back to School
Posted at 3:41 p.m. on June 28, 2012
Still seething with rage after the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act ruling, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor assured opponents of the health care law that the GOP would renew its efforts to repeal President Barack Obama’s “bill” in the coming weeks.
We realize the Virginia Republican probably has a lot on his mind today, but we’re a little perplexed by the gross misunderstanding (misunderestimation?) of exactly what he’s up against.
You see, Mr. Leader, Members draft TONS of “bills” that never actually see the light of day:
“Laws,” on the other hand, are Congressionally vetted, hard-and-fast rules:
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here