- How to Handle a Broken Campaign Promise
- Democrats Announce Finalists for 2016 Convention (Updated)
- Bill Cassidy Utilizes Weekly GOP Address, Again
- What Did — and Didn't — Surprise Me This Cycle
- Roger Wicker Looks for Fast Start at NRSC
Bob Filner’s Breakup
Posted at 2:02 p.m. on July 9, 2013
Bronwyn Ingram, formerly attached at the hip to Mayor of San Diego Bob Filner, has reportedly cut ties with the fiery tempered, former 10-term congressman.
According to ABC 10 News, Ingram, whom Filner had taken to introducing as the “First Lady of San Diego,” broke off their nearly 18th month engagement due to a souring of their situation.
“I am extremely disappointed and heartbroken, both for what Team First Lady could have accomplished, and for me, personally; however, this is the only action I can take given the devolvement of our personal relationship,” Ingram relayed to friends.
Filner’s office did not respond to requests for comment about the sudden parting of ways.
Their union would have marked the third walk down the aisle for the twice-divorced pol and the second leap of faith by Ingram.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here