- Democrats Court Ex-Congressman for Rematch
- Why Even Democrats Love Talking About Joni Ernst
- Senators Confirm Re-Election Bids for 2016
- Jerry Moran Kicks Off 2016 Cycle With $1.4 Million War Chest
- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
Boehner Waxes About Surly Drunks, His Tan
Posted at 11:15 a.m. on Jan. 24, 2014
Speaker John A. Boehner finally graced “The Tonight Show” with an interview on Thursday, sharing bits and pieces about his upbringing, his famous tan and his high-pressure post with outgoing host Jay Leno.
The Ohio Republican seemed perfectly at ease on the late-night gabfest — he brought a hanky in case things got too heavy — casually chitchatting with Leno during a quick moving segment.
When probed about how his early life informed the man he is today, Boehner joked that learning how to negotiate with an army of siblings and, later, surly drunks, has proven integral to handling his day job.
And while he suggested that the caucus is largely unified behind its overarching goal, the GOP leader conceded there are still plenty of stumbling blocks to contend with along the way.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here