Five Captions Cleared for Takeoff | Capitol Quip
Posted at 5:02 p.m. on May 1, 2013
Five finalists for this week’s caption contest are looking for liftoff. Now it’s your turn to vote.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. EDT Thursday.
Here are this week’s finalists:
- Recess, need you to hold — looks like you’ve clipped Sequester Airways right wing.
- Thank you for flying Hot Air. Please remain comfortably seated in your congressional districts. You may return your rhetoric to its uptight and locked position.
- This is your captain speaking. The country has informed us that must cut your recess one minute short for every other program you don’t fix.
- And they call us the do nothing Congress? We showed them!
- Thanks for the warning, Tower. Will try to avoid stated danger. This is the Titanic. Over and out.
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog on May 6 and in that day’s print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.