- Rand Paul Won't Win Over Young Voters
- Obama Returns to Vacation
- Is Pat Roberts in Trouble?
- Plouffe Joins Uber
- Crist Wants to Campaign with Obama
Capitol Quip: Five Captions Ready to Blossom
Posted at 6:04 p.m. on April 10, 2013
Here are the five finalists for this week’s caption contest. Now it’s your turn to vote.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. Thursday.
Here are this week’s finalists:
- This is nice, but until Congress gets their act together, I fear it’s all just bloom and gloom.
- Looks like we are seeing 5 percent less growth this year.
- So it IS true — Washington really is full of flakes!
- Couldn’t we just tiptoe through the tulips?
- Too bad we can’t tax cherry blossoms. Wait a sec …
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog on April 15 and in Monday’s print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here