- Did Weiland Accidently Concede Senate Race?
- McDonnell Corruption Trial Turns Into a Soap Opera
- Quote of the Day
- Obama Returns to Golf
- Ryan Wants Romney to Run Again
Capitol Quip: Five Captions Waiting for Entry
Posted at 3:32 p.m. on April 4, 2013
Here are the five finalists for this week’s caption contest. Now it’s your turn to vote.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 10 a.m. Friday.
Here are this week’s finalists:
- Uncle Sam sort of wants you!
- Turns out Lady Liberty was only here on a temporary work visa!
- Limited time offer: If we don’t start seeing your votes we close the fences back.
- “We ask you please bear with us ’til we remove the barbed wire.”
- Don’t stop here. Canada has plenty of room.
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog April 8 and in Monday’s print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here