- Obama Signals All Out War on ISIS
- Democrats Plan Midterm Ground Strategy
- Did Weiland Accidently Concede Senate Race?
- McDonnell Corruption Trial Turns Into a Soap Opera
- Quote of the Day
Capitol Quip: Pick Cupid’s Winning Target
Posted at 6:10 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2013
CQ Roll Call editors have culled this week’s entries for the Capitol Quip and are ready to unveil the five finalists our readers will vote for.
Using the comments section, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. Thursday. SPECIAL NOTE: If you submit your comment anonymously, we might have some difficulty getting you your signed print if you win. So before cloaking yourself, think about how we can contact you to get you your prize. If you’re super shy, you can send us an anonymous line that only we will see at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for playing!
Here are this week’s finalists:
• “Remind me, which button releases the memo?”
• “You still carrying around that bow?”
• “I gave him 10 seconds to get his affairs in order.”
• “Love at first flight!”
• “The Justice Department says it’s more legal than a bow and arrow.”
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog on Feb. 19 and in that day’s print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of their Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here