- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Capitol Quip’s Five Finalists
Posted at 4:19 p.m. on Jan. 23, 2013
Roll Call’s new weekly cartoon caption contest is off to a roaring start, and although it was tough, CQ Roll Call editors have culled the many, many entries to move to the next stage: five finalists that our readers will be able to vote on over the course of the next day.
So, using the comments section, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. Thursday. Here are the finalists:
• Two, four, six, eight … who do we depreciate?
• Here’s our number. So call us, maybe …
• Look! It’s Beyonce!
• Hit the road, Jack, and don’t you come back no more, no more …
• If we don’t start dancing with this guy, we’ll be out of a job.
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog Monday, along with an uncaptioned cartoon for a new contest. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of their Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here