- Christie Says GOP Shouldn't Back Down on Gay Marriage
- Warren Hits the Road for Democrats
- Are U.S. Elections Rigged?
- Quote of the Day
- Immigration Politics Shifts Away from Democrats
Capitol Quip’s Five Finalists
Posted at 4:19 p.m. on Jan. 23, 2013
Roll Call’s new weekly cartoon caption contest is off to a roaring start, and although it was tough, CQ Roll Call editors have culled the many, many entries to move to the next stage: five finalists that our readers will be able to vote on over the course of the next day.
So, using the comments section, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. Thursday. Here are the finalists:
• Two, four, six, eight … who do we depreciate?
• Here’s our number. So call us, maybe …
• Look! It’s Beyonce!
• Hit the road, Jack, and don’t you come back no more, no more …
• If we don’t start dancing with this guy, we’ll be out of a job.
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog Monday, along with an uncaptioned cartoon for a new contest. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of their Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here