- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Congressional Visitors Adjust to the New Normal
Posted at 2:54 p.m. on Oct. 1, 2013
A fellow CQ Roll Call scribe happened on a somewhat disoriented Rep. Jackie Speier escorting a handful of constituents around the eerily deserted entrance to the Capitol Visitor Center on Tuesday morning.
Per our tipster, the California Democrat asked an officer if she was allowed to be there, given the shutdown.
“You’re the boss,” the Capitol Police officer quipped.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here