- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
Coons Is Sweet on Franken
Posted at 4:44 p.m. on May 21, 2013
Minnesota Democratic Sen. Al Franken can’t say nothing good ever comes of attending a Senate Judiciary Committee markup.
While the rest of the committee tended to trimming the immigration legislation tree, Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., gifted his neighboring panelist with a birthday cupcake from Crumbs Bake Shop to help commemorate his special day.
“He enjoys sitting next to him … and it was a quick little way to make his friend smile,” a Coons aide said of the lighthearted exchange.
Judiciary Chairman Patrick J. Leahy, D-Vt., was apparently so moved he dubbed Coons a “sweetie pie.”
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here