- House Democrats Going Good Cop/Bad Cop Against GOP
- The Software That Draws the Political Landscape
- Tech Experts: Expect Innovation, Investment on Established Platforms for 2016
- More Democratic Losses Could Be on the Horizon
- Democrats' Window to Find Strong House Candidates Slowly Closing
Posted at 12:01 a.m. on May 23, 2012
Sen. Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) drew a crowd Tuesday afternoon while carrying Dakota, his loyal canine companion, down the escalator toward the Capitol subway. Dakota has been undergoing treatment for cancer, making fewer appearances in the Capitol since the fall.
When Dakota was asked by a reporter about his opinion of his master’s impending retirement, Conrad spoke for his fluffy bichon frise.
“He is so totally into it,” Conrad said.
Conrad, chairman of the Budget Committee, is looking at a packed agenda from now until the lame-duck session, which will likely feature debates on tax cuts, the sequester and other big-ticket items.
So while Dakota might be ready for more quality time with the Senator, the pooch will likely have a hard time avoiding tough questions on the budget, the farm bill and his fuzzy exterior until December.
— Lauren Gardner
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here