- Veteran GOP Fundraiser Moves On After 37 Years
- Will Russ Feingold Be Haunted by Campaign Problems Past?
- McSally Win Gives Republicans Another House Seat (Updated)
- N.H. Democrats Prep Kelly Ayotte Challenge
- 14 Congressional Republicans Jeb Bush Helped Last Cycle
Dark Knight Foe Co-Opts Romney
Posted at 6:04 p.m. on July 18, 2012
An aloof multibillionaire is being targeted by nefarious forces.
Yes, it’s the plot of the final installment of auteur Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, “The Dark Knight Rises” (opening this Friday). But the film’s psychotic villain, the masked miscreant known as Bane, has broken through the fourth wall to lampoon presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney on Twitter.
The @BaneCapital feed, a mash-up of Batman’s worst nightmare and Romney’s embattled former company, sprang to life earlier this afternoon. And its anonymous creator has already had loads of fun marrying comic-verse threats with ripped-from-the-headlines drama.
Our favorite taunts (so far) include:
- Corporations are people, my friends. And we will free Gotham’s corporation-people from useless laws and regulations;
- We will free Gotham’s people … from taxes on income above $250,000 per year; and,
- When Gotham is in ashes, Bane Capital will maximize returns by leveraging its 93% investment in Gotham Ash Collections, Inc.
How will this saga end?
Tune in tomorrow — same HOH-time, same HOH-channel!
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here