- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Eliot Spitzer’s Rendezvous
Posted at midnight on April 19, 2012
Eliot Spitzer makes us laugh.
The former New York governor and one-time CNN talker recently took over Keith Olbermann’s “Countdown” show on Current Television.
Current is a sort of wildlife refuge for Democratic politicians, such as former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm and California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom, who are pretty of face and smart of brain.
Back in 2009, Spitzer tried on the family commercial real estate business for size when he bought a 13-story office building at 1615 L St. NW.
The location, we feel compelled to point out, is about a block from the Mayflower Hotel, which is where Spitzer had his notorious rendezvous with aspiring singer and call girl Ashley Alexandra Dupré.
Our favorite part of the building is the sculpture in the lobby appropriately named “Rendezvous IV.” It is unclear where sculptures I, II or III might be.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here