- GOP Candidates Take Different View of Heroin Crisis
- Cruz’s Myth of GOP Presidential Politics
- The End of McCain-Feingold?
- Since When Did Presidential Candidates Curse?
- Trump Holds Commanding National Lead
By Jason Dick Posted at 5:45 p.m. on April 9, 2013
Think members of Congress aren’t subject to the same stuff as us mortals? Think again.
Even senators have to call their parents!
Check out the following Tuesday photos of Sen. Christopher S. Murphy, D-Conn., who is seen clutching his daily schedule. The one item in bold? “Call Your Dad.” Despite being a member of the world’s greatest deliberative body, no one gets off easy on the homefront.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here
Heard on the Hill is Roll Call's Capitol Hill gossip blog. @HeardontheHill
Sign up for your daily Heard on the Hill newsletter here.