- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
Feeding the Machine
Posted at 12:48 p.m. on March 11, 2013
Keeping the country from going completely off the rails is grueling work. This must by why our elected officials don’t shy away from big hearty meals.
Take slurpmeister Jim Himes.
The Connecticut Democrat tells HOH he’s at Sherwood Diner in Westport, Conn., at least once a month in search of sustenance. “In the winter I eat as much soup as I can. Keeps me warm, hydrated and it’s the best way to deal with my tentative relationship with vegetables,” he said of his nutritional end-around.
That is not to say he doesn’t also occasionally enjoy a slice of pie or pile of floppy flapjacks.
From all indications, fellow lawmaker Kyrsten Sinema can certainly relate:
The Arizona Democrat prefaced the pic of her ultra buttery brunch with a one-word summary: “Seriously.”
As a heart attack, congresswoman.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here