Five Captions for Recess | Capitol Quip
Posted at 4:10 p.m. on Aug. 7
The five finalists for this week’s caption contest are ready for your votes.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. EDT Thursday.
Here are this week’s finalists:
- I just don’t have the heart to tell him that the beach is closed because of sequester.
- Well, at least the motion to adjourn got bipartisan support.
- Once you get over the overwhelming public disgust — it’s a pretty sweet gig.
- Last one in the pool is a hardworking congressman!!
- Well, they say congressmen are dressing more casually these days.
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog Aug. 11 and in the following print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.