- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Five Captions Run Aground | Capitol Quip
Posted at 6:22 p.m. on Sept. 4, 2013
The five finalists for this week’s caption contest are ready for your votes.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. EDT Thursday.
Here are this week’s finalists:
- Geez, who was steering that ship?
- Here we go — from Baywatch back to the Planet of the Apes.
- The one advantage of global warming!!!
- What would America do without us?
- Maybe if we rearrange the chairs …
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog on Sept. 8 and in the following day’s print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here