- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
Five Explosive Captions To Choose From | Capitol Quip
Posted at 1:21 p.m. on Oct. 17, 2013
The five finalists for this week’s caption contest are ready for your votes.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 10 p.m. EDT Thursday.
Here are this week’s finalists:
- We shut down the government and destroyed our reputation, and you let Obamacare get away?!
- Dang! That Cruz missile was supposed to soar, not blow up in our faces.
- That’s how you solve all the nation’s problems with a push of a button.
- We’ll get ‘em next time. Can’t say we didn’t make an impact!
- Well, we blew SOMEthing up. Not bad for government work.
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog on Oct. 20 and in the Oct. 22 print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here