- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Five Essential Captions to Choose From | Capitol Quip
Posted at 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 9, 2013
The five finalists for this week’s caption contest are ready for your votes.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. EDT Thursday.
Here are this week’s finalists:
- Poor gal. She’s still carrying a torch for that no-good Uncle Sam.
- Boy, those Federal employees sure have it easy!
- Liberty on furlough.
- It looks like SHE’s just as tired of Congress as WE are.
- I guess it’s hard to keep standing for liberty when Congress deems you non-essential.
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog on Oct. 14 and in the following day’s print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here