- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
- Political Ads Flood the Airwaves
- Bonus Quote of the Day
- Rubio Changes Tune on Immigration
Five Resolutions for the New Year | Capitol Quip
Posted at 3:50 p.m. on Jan. 8
The five finalists for this week’s caption contest are ready for your votes.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. ET Thursday.
Here are this week’s finalists:
- Let’s focus on resolutions we can keep, like continuous partisan rancor and paralyzing dysfunction.
- You know, they’re about to take this scaffolding for the Capitol Dome renovation project.
- At least our track record is better than WMATA’s.
- I transferred from the Department of Roads Paved With Good Intentions.
- What? Return to regular order?? I forgot what that looks like!
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog on Jan. 12 and in the following print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here