- McConnell Explains Plans to Shut Down Government
- Quote of the Day
- Worst Comeback Attempt Ever
- Obama Will Bypass Congress on Climate Agreement
- IMF Chief Under Investigation for Fraud
Five Unifying Slogans for Bachmann/Dole!
Posted at 8:39 a.m. on June 6, 2013
The five finalists for this week’s caption contest are ready for your votes.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 9 a.m. EDT Friday.
Here are this week’s finalists:
- The US Capitol is the place for me.
Cuttin’ deals is the life for me.
Legislatin’ a good old omnibus bill
Keep your tea parties, just give me bipartisan will.God’s country is where I’d rather go.
Congressional business is our biggest foe.
I just adore the gun rights crew.
Robert, I love you but the party needs something new!
- If this smile lasts more than four hours, call a doctor!
- If I open my eyes and look real hard I can see the White House!
- American GOPic
- I’m not retiring because my Tea Party views are out of touch: I finally realized the pen just ain’t mightier than the pitchfork!
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog June 10 and in that day’s print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here