- CPAC Campaign Boot Camp Trains GOP to Catch Up
- Ex-House Candidate Will Take Top Role in Likely Clinton Campaign
- Vulnerable GOP Senators Steer Clear of CPAC
- Congressional Republicans All Over CPAC Lineup
- House Democrats Get Better Odds in California Senate Race
Fleshing Out the Disposition of the Senate
Posted at 4:59 p.m. on July 7, 2014
According to CQ Roll Call alumnus and current Washington Examiner senior correspondent David M. Drucker, Sen. John McCain has over the past few years evolved into the “conscience of the Senate.”
We’re in absolutely no position (sold our soul years ago) to argue whether the Arizona Republican is the moral center Capitol Hill needs or even deserves right now. But spotting the oft-recycled title did spark an interest in trying out other potential modern day superlatives.
Say hello to The FILL IN THE BLANK of the Senate:
Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J.
Keenly Tuned Id?
Sen. Charles E. Schumer, D-N.Y.
Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.
Sen. Barbara A. Mikulski, D-Md.
Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska
Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss.
Palpable sense of relief?
Did we miss anyone?
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here