- Tim Scott Lauds Possible Lindsey Graham 2016 Campaign
- Top GOP Ad-Maker Recovering From Cardiac Arrest
- Why Even Democrats Love Talking About Joni Ernst
- Democrats Court Ex-Congressman for Rematch
- Senators Confirm Re-Election Bids for 2016
Former Giffords Intern in Town for Reading
Posted at 7:15 p.m. on Feb. 6, 2013
Daniel Hernandez, the lifesaving intern of former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, is in town Thursday to read from his book, “They Call Me a Hero: Memoirs From My Youth.” After the Arizona Democrat was shot in January 2011, Hernandez administered first aid until medical professionals arrived.
The title refers to the moniker Hernandez picked up since his actions at Giffords’ fateful Congress on Your Corner event, most prominently echoed by President Barack Obama at a memorial service in Tucson in the days after the shooting.
The reading, sponsored by Politics and Prose, will be held at the Silver Spring, Md., library at 8901 Colesville Road. Hernandez wrote the book with Susan Goldman Rubin for teens.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here