- GOP Candidates Credit Koch Brothers for Their Rise
- Hagan Doesn't Avoid Obama
- McConnell Explains Plans to Shut Down Government
- Quote of the Day
- Worst Comeback Attempt Ever
Gillibrand and Wasserman Schultz Lead Fantasy Softball
Posted at 4:31 p.m. on June 24, 2013
In case you live on another planet, the annual Congressional Women’s Softball Game is only two short days away and the tech geniuses at CQ Roll Call have devised a Fantasy Softball version of the game so that any league aficionado can get in on the action.
Disclosure: The author of this post is one of the players featured in Fantasy Softball and a co-captain of the press team.
Here are the player standings as of Monday afternoon:
1. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.
2. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla.
3. Abby Livingston, Roll Call
4. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, D-N.D.
5. Rep. Cheri Bustos, D-Ill.
6. Kasie Hunt, NBC News
7. Amy Walter, Cook Political Report
8. Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H.
9. Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz.
10. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii
In other softball news, Heitkamp hit up the batting cages (again) over the weekend. And Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham, D-N.M., took part in the latest fad in Congress, working out with local softball and baseball teams. Her kitchen cabinet? The Los Angeles Dodgers’ AAA affiliate Albuquerque Isotopes.
Several weeks ago Rep. Joyce Beatty, D-Ohio, practiced with Ohio State’s softball team, and the weekend before last, Wasserman Schultz picked up some tips from Florida International University’s Panthers.
As for the press team, the Bad News Babes held its annual scrimmage on Sunday evening, with players looking fierce in new uniforms.
And CNN’s Dana Bash will join Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., in the most passive-aggressive play-by-play you will ever hear.
Still need to buy tickets? Word on the street is that they are flying. Get them here.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here