Flacks Invited to Bipartisanly Commune at Tortilla Coast
Posted at 2:34 p.m. on March 12
Professional mouthpieces from both sides of the aisle are priming the pumps for recess via a “Bi-Party-San Communications Mixer.”
The media-related happy hour is scheduled to take place Thursday at Tortilla Coast (400 First St. SE) from 6 to 8 p.m. (That won’t crimp your style, will it, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas?)
The event, which is being sponsored by iConstituent and Broadnet, is designed to welcome new and returning members of the Democratic Communicators Network and Republican Communications Association.
According to DCNet board chair Hannah Kim, first-timers joining the respective advisory panels include:
- Kezmiché “Kim” Atterbury, communications director for Rep. G. K. Butterfield, D-N.C.
- Brett Morrow, communications director for Rep. Mark Takano, D-Calif.
- Alex Nguyen, communications director for Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Wis.
- Rob Runyan, press secretary for Sen. Thomas R. Carper, D-Del.
- Michael Marinaccio, digital coordinator for the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- Ben Miller, communications director for Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, R-Wis.
- Michael Rekola, deputy press secretary for Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif.
- Trevor Foughty, deputy chief of staff and communications director for Rep. Todd Young, R-Ind.
Those who swing by to congratulate the ascending messengers will be privy to two free drink tickets apiece and complimentary Tex-Mex-style appetizers.
Editor’s note: An earlier version of this story inadvertently listed the positions panelists hold within their respective networking groups instead of their posts on Capitol Hill.