- Jerry Moran Kicks Off 2016 Cycle With $1.4 Million War Chest
- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
Haters Hijack Renee Ellmers’ Hollywood Moment
Posted at 1:50 p.m. on Oct. 24, 2013
Looks like Rep. Renee Ellmers had herself a little fun Wednesday night, stepping out for a buzzy flick — Tom Hank’s skippering saga, “Captain Phillips” — and later rubbing elbows with the eponymous gent who inspired said maritime thriller.
Met Captain Phillips last night after watching movie based on 2009 hijacking of MV Maersk Alabama by Somali pirates. pic.twitter.com/fU6ULIKu7X
— Rep. Renee Ellmers (@RepReneeEllmers) October 24, 2013
Online trolls, of course, made a point of torpedoing the magic moment, assailing the North Carolina Republican about her voting record:
And taking potshots at her about a semi-automatic rifle liberated from Chez Ellmers:
Take cover, congresswoman!
The Internet is apparently some sort of war zone.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here