- Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Senate Bid
- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
Howard University Fights to Keep Trayvon Martin’s Memory Alive
Posted at 12:56 p.m. on July 17, 2013
A Florida jury has had its say on the devastating confrontation between armed, self-styled watchman George Zimmerman and the late Trayvon Martin. Now attendees at Howard University’s College of Medicine are firing back.
The perception-challenging pic is just the latest political statement from the historically black bastion of higher learning.
Howard students were also featured in this provocative video, released a month after Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla.
Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez, D-Ill., is also grappling with how to move forward in a world where Zimmerman has been cleared of any wrongdoing. He’s urging Judiciary Chairman Robert W. Goodlatte, R-Va., to let Congress investigate the matter further.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here