- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
- The 7 Most Interesting First-Quarter Fundraising Facts
- Republican Launches Bid to Succeed Lois Capps in California
Renee Ellmers Sucks GOP Leadership Into Ice Bucket Challenge
Posted at 10:18 a.m. on Aug. 14, 2014
Newly minted House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, come on down!
Thanks to Rep. Renee Ellmers, R-N.C., you’re the next contestant on: The Water. Is. Icy!
The Louisiana Republican, who is still getting the hang of placating House colleagues, now has 24 hours to give Ellmers exactly what she wants.
Scalise is the first congressional leader to be drawn directly into the Ice Bucket Challenge, a fundraising craze, fueled by social media, that has swept the nation in recent days for the neurological disorder ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis).
Participants, who are videotaped as a bucket of ice water is poured over their heads, then generally challenge friends and colleagues to do the same.
But something tells me hell will freeze over before either of the Sunder Twins allows himself to get rained upon with frigid liquid.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here