- Senators Confirm Re-Election Bids for 2016
- Jerry Moran Kicks Off 2016 Cycle With $1.4 Million War Chest
- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
Renee Ellmers Sucks GOP Leadership Into Ice Bucket Challenge
Posted at 10:18 a.m. on Aug. 14, 2014
Newly minted House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, come on down!
Thanks to Rep. Renee Ellmers, R-N.C., you’re the next contestant on: The Water. Is. Icy!
The Louisiana Republican, who is still getting the hang of placating House colleagues, now has 24 hours to give Ellmers exactly what she wants.
Scalise is the first congressional leader to be drawn directly into the Ice Bucket Challenge, a fundraising craze, fueled by social media, that has swept the nation in recent days for the neurological disorder ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis).
Participants, who are videotaped as a bucket of ice water is poured over their heads, then generally challenge friends and colleagues to do the same.
Technically, Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, put Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on the clock yesterday.
But something tells me hell will freeze over before either of the Sunder Twins allows himself to get rained upon with frigid liquid.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here