- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Jesse Jackson Jr.’s D.C. Home Up for Grabs
Posted at 12:09 p.m. on Oct. 25, 2013
Soon-to-be-jailed ex-Rep. Jesse L. Jackson Jr. is so strapped for cash to repay the $750,000 in campaign funds he and his wife, Sandi, were convicted of grossly mismanaging that he’s placing his D.C. townhouse back up for sale.
According to the Chicago Tribune, the Illinois Democrat has already liquidated a personal retirement account to help satisfy the federal debt.
An online auction of ill-gotten luxury items was evidently canceled after the authenticity of one of the collectibles was called into question.
Per the Tribune, the last time the Jacksons put their Dupont Circle digs on the market, the asking price was $2.5 million.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here