- Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Senate Bid
- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
Jesse Kelly’s Early Valentine to Marco Rubio
Posted at 9:03 p.m. on Feb. 12, 2013
In the “where are they now?” column of former House candidates, Tuesday night’s answer for Republican Jesse Kelly is in front of a television.
“Tonight we win back all Hispanics because Rubio speaks spanish [sic] too!” he tweeted at 10:46 a.m.
“To broaden the Republican voter base, I’m proud to announce that I’ll be doing the GOP response in English and Pig Latin. airfay areshay,” he tweeted at 4:44 p.m.
“Totally set for the night. I’ve got blood-pressure pills ready for Obama’s speech and Rosetta Stone software ready for Rubio’s response,” he tweeted at 7:13 p.m.
Kelly ran twice for the tossup Tucson, Ariz.-based district. He narrowly lost first to now-former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, a Democrat, in 2010 and then once again to Rep. Ron Barber, also a Democrat, in the 2012 special election to replace Giffords.
Kelly now lives in Washington and works for Citizens United.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here