- McConnell Would Remove Limits on Party Spending
- Venezuela Opposition Politician Gunned Down
- Trump Embraces Roughness at Rallies
- Obama May Defy Congress on Guantanamo
- Introducing: Political Wire Memberships
By Warren Rojas Posted at 4:15 p.m. on Aug. 28, 2013
Rep. Kerry Bentivolio, R-Mich., took to Twitter to plead for greater transparency within the legislative process:
Isn’t it time that votes are taken by role call and legislation explains in plain English how it modifies the law? #ReadTheBills
— Kerry Bentivolio (@RepKerryB) August 28, 2013
May we suggest that the freshman lawmaker crack a dictionary — they’re “roll call” votes, sir — before launching any deep-dives into the Federal Register?
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here
Heard on the Hill is Roll Call's Capitol Hill gossip blog. @HeardontheHill
Sign up for your daily Heard on the Hill newsletter here.