- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Kirsten Gillibrand Is Leading Roll Call’s Fantasy Softball Challenge
Posted at 2:50 p.m. on June 17
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., is currently the top pick for those participating in this year’s Fantasy Softball Challenge.
The fantasy competition is part of the 6th Annual Congressional Women’s Softball Game on Wednesday, which pits female members of Congress against female journalists.
The fantasy competition gives fans a chance to compete as well.
Contestants pick nine players total, from either team, and earn points based on how each player performs (10 points for a single, 20 for a double, etc.)
So far, Gillibrand tops the list as the most-picked player but she is followed closely by Roll Call’s own Abby Livingston.
The players who have reached the top 10 are:
3. Amy Walter, The Cook Political Report
4. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii
5. Rep. Cheri Bustos, D-Ill.
6. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla.
7. Jill Agostino, The New York Times
8. Kasie Hunt, The Associated Press
9. Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H.
10. Christina Bellantoni, Roll Call
Prizes will be awarded to the first, second and third place fantasy challenge winners. Last year’s winner, William Cusey, received a $150 gift certificate to 201 Bar on Capitol Hill. Cusey did his research, looking at past statistics to put together his winning team.
A few players in Cusey’s lineup are in the top 10 so far, but the rankings are in flux as more people weigh in. So don’t forget to set up your own fantasy team here.
The Congressional Women’s Softball Game kicks off at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Watkins Recreation Center at 420 12th St. SE. Tickets are $10 and proceeds from the game will benefit the Young Survival Coalition.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here