- Supreme Court Blocks Extension of Ohio Early Voting
- No Ruling on Kansas Democrats Picking Candidate
- Intruder Made It Deeper Into White House
- Senate Race in Kansas is a Toss Up
- Dead Heat for Massachusetts Governor
Former Lawmaker, Or Current? You Decide
Posted at 2:13 p.m. on May 20
We get that hanging it up after eight terms in the House must be tough. But ex-Rep. Leonard L. Boswell can’t seem to quit stretching the truth (facts be damned!) years after decamping from Capitol Hill.
Not only is he misrepresenting himself as a still-sitting politico (strike one!), the Iowa Democrat is way off in terms of his now-nonexistent regional authority; your trusty HOH reporter resides in the land of milk and honey known as “NoVa” (strike two!).
Then again, parting is such sweet sorrow, and some have trouble letting go.
And he was forcefully retired by colleague Tom Latham, R-Iowa, during the previous cycle.
So maybe we’ll let these glaring inaccuracies slide. (Just this once, though).
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here