- Jerry Moran Kicks Off 2016 Cycle With $1.4 Million War Chest
- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
Lincoln, Alive and Sweating
Posted at 5:30 p.m. on June 26, 2013
What you see here is the face of patriotism.
It’s the prize awarded for tooling around outside the White House in the dead of a sweaty afternoon. This young man, who identified himself to HOH only as “Wayne or Abe,” is set to spend his summer walking back and forth on Pennsylvania Avenue, passing out coupons to the White House Gifts souvenir store.
And the proof of the young man’s patriotic affection? His suit is all synthetic.
“We have two suits. This is the bad one,” he said.
This poor guy has it rougher than the last White House Gifts toiler, James Ollerhead, whom CQ Roll Call last spotted in more temperate climes for a recent Capitol Lens.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here