- Harry Reid Backs Maryland Senate Candidate
- Democratic Floodgates Open for Maryland House Seat
- Michigan Congresswoman Won't Run for Re-Election (Updated) (Video)
- What the 'Big Ten' Tells Republicans They Need in 2016
- How a Tea Party Favorite May Influence Mississippi Race
Look Who’s Coming to Our Party
Posted at 12:14 p.m. on Aug. 17, 2012
Like dogs and cats living together, the politically cynical among us arch our eyebrows when talk turns to bringing Republicans and Democrats together for a common cause. Musicians on Call, a nonprofit that brings live music to the sick and infirm across the country, could be the exception to the rule.
The MOC will reap the benefits of two — TWO! — convention parties, one for the Republicans and one for the Democrats. The parties are being thrown by Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers and the Recording Industry Association of America … with an assist from little ol’ CQ Roll Call.
And guess who’ll be performing?
Over at the RNC in Tampa, Fla., Gavin DeGraw and DJ StoneRokk will kick off the event Aug. 28.
At the DNC in Charlotte, N.C., rapper, actor and performer Common will take the stage Sept. 4. Spinning all night? Legendary producer Jermaine Dupri will put on his DJ persona.
Both parties are invite-only, and both are going to be hot.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here