- Jerry Moran Kicks Off 2016 Cycle With $1.4 Million War Chest
- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
Mark Begich Wins the Parody Game
Posted at 2:49 p.m. on April 23, 2014
Conservative activists have composed a spiteful ditty imploring Alaskan voters to give freshman Sen. Mark Begich the heave-ho this fall.
The combative tune denounces the Democratic lawmaker, who is up for reelection in November, for lending his support to the Affordable Care Act and presumably not fighting hard enough to get the Keystone XL pipeline up and running. “He needs to pack his bags and move to 9-0-2-1-0,” the song suggests.
As for as parodies go, the song is just OK. (Not sure even Weird Al could’ve spun gold out of the dour source material.)
Begich, meanwhile, seems to have no problem lampooning the political scandals (real and imagined) that have helped grind the federal government to a halt:
Another small victory for free will, indeed.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here