- How a Tea Party Favorite May Influence Mississippi Race
- What the 'Big Ten' Tells Republicans They Need in 2016
- Van Hollen May Not Have Field to Himself (Updated)
- For Hoyer and McCarthy, the Floor Dance is Getting Tense
- Joe Sestak Kicks Off Rematch With Pat Toomey
Sanford’s Former CoS Makes Argentina-Pope Joke, Wins Twitter
Posted at 4:15 p.m. on March 13, 2013
Remember former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford? The Republican one, the one who’s running for the Palmetto State’s 1st District seat? He made quite a splash when his gubernatorial staff lost him somewhere on the Appalachian Trail and he popped up again with his mistress in Argentina.
Today, just after the brand-spanking-new Pope Francis I (nee Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio) was announced, Sanford’s former chief of staff Scott English tweeted: “See, nobody complains when the College of Cardinals goes to Argentina.”
He rounded the tweet off with a #marksanford hashtag.
We’re calling it: English won Twitter.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here