- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
Sanford’s Former CoS Makes Argentina-Pope Joke, Wins Twitter
Posted at 4:15 p.m. on March 13, 2013
Remember former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford? The Republican one, the one who’s running for the Palmetto State’s 1st District seat? He made quite a splash when his gubernatorial staff lost him somewhere on the Appalachian Trail and he popped up again with his mistress in Argentina.
Today, just after the brand-spanking-new Pope Francis I (nee Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio) was announced, Sanford’s former chief of staff Scott English tweeted: “See, nobody complains when the College of Cardinals goes to Argentina.”
He rounded the tweet off with a #marksanford hashtag.
We’re calling it: English won Twitter.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here